Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Christmas Tree Has A TuTu!!


Saturday morning I asked Colton to set up our Christmas Tree. OK, I told Colton that he was going to put up the Christmas Tree. After several hours of, "Moooooomm, this is to hard., Moooooomm, look at all the scratches on my arms., Moooooomm, I can't get all the lights to work." we finally had the tree up and running (ok, we still had 3 small branches without lights working. But, in the words Brian Regan: That area represents the dark time in our life.) So, as we were fluffing up the branches, I noticed the tree looked a little off. After closer examination, I realized Colton had switched the #9 row with the #6 row! So now instead of a nice cone shaped tree, our tree has the largest row of branches right in the middle, giving the appearance of a tree with a tutu. Now a "good" mother probably would have made their son change it, but Christmas trees drive me crazy. I have often considered converting to Judaism just to avoid the Christmas tree tradition. (Menorahs are very pretty!) Rationalization allows me to believe that I was actually building my childs self esteem, by encouraging his creativity. And it was time to add another story to our: "Remember the year the Christmas tree..."

10 comments:

Casseron said...

HAHA That's totally something Colton would do!!! Remember when our Christmas tree fell over so we tied it to the railing with fishing line? HAHA That was also funny!!

nataliejustin said...

I think its great! Cone shaped trees are so over rated. I bought a mini Charlie Brown Tree. Its about 18 inches high and I am tempted to use that as my tree this year.

Mandee said...

I love it... it's beautiful AND comedic. And I love the Brian Reagan quote. We have pleanty of dark times represented on our tree. But like in real life, I've hid them back in the corner.

Jamielyn said...

That's awesome! I love it! I'm with ya on the whole Christmas decorating thing...I have all of my stuff out, but I have I put anything up...that would be no!

marcikay said...

Debbie.. Thanks so much for your ideas.. I really have no clue what we're going to do, and I can be a bit of a chicken, so I'm hoping to be fun! I love your boat idea - that is right up Dave's alley! I will let you know what we end up doing! Thanks so much!

MELANIE said...

Colton is so cute. No wonder he's your favorite :)

marcikay said...

I guess the way I wrote that might sound like you start at Halloween! I know they haven't been on every night since then, but I loved them on on Halloween! They look great.. I am hoping to get them here today (ugh) but I'm trying to get ready to leave Thursday, and that's lots of work, since I'm just leaving Chelsea in charge! I really am hoping, and I do love your lights.. Do you have your wedding tree up to? I told Chelsea all about it last year, and anytime I see white or clear ornaments, etc, I think of you! :)

marcikay said...

Me again! Sorry! ..but who do you use? (for lights) I'd like someone who would actually come!

Amber said...

Now, that is art!!! If it was my husband he probably would have just gotten the tree trimmers and gotten to work. I'm right there with you when it comes to the tree tradition. Sometimes I just want to leave it in the box, but then when it gets up and decorated I'm glad I went to the trouble!!

Jentrie said...

Ha! This story is priceless...I can totally see him complaining like you said too. haha Poor Colton will never live this down.