Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Celebration of Life

For the past several years Brian and the Central Utah Cancer Center sponsor the "Celebration of Life - Kurt Bestor Christmas Concert." Each year they buy tickets for Cancer Survivors and their families to attend the concert.

We attended this year with Colin, Kim, Colton, Grandpa, Morgan and Grandma. This year, before the concert ,they showed a video where several cancer survivors shared their cancer experience. It was very touching. Central Utah Clinic gives out flashlights to the cancer survivors and during the performance they are all asked to turn them on. Again, very touching and quite inspirational.

The highlight of the show was Brian performing "The Night Before Christmas" with Kurt and the orchestra. Kurt was making jokes about how boring Dr.'s are and telling Brian to try and have a little personality. So, of course; Brian, using his hidden thespian talent, stole the show. He was great.



I think the best part was hearing so many people thank Brian for "saving my daughter," "giving me one more Christmas," "making the cancer experience more bearable." It is nice to be reminded what an important role he plays in so many lives and how many people depend on him.

5 comments:

Casseron said...

Brian is an amazing person!! I so wish I could have been there!! I hope you taped his performance!!

Amber said...

wonderful tradition!!! I bet that was an amazing night!!

MELANIE said...

I WANTED TO GO!!! Three cheers for Brian! He even helps try to save dogs :) I love mad-dad.

Mandee said...

Look at my cute, little Morgie. You must be a proud family. If I ever get cancer, I am totally calling Brian.

nataliejustin said...

That is awesome! Ibet it was an emotional night.