Thursday, September 10, 2009

Missionary Shopping with Colton

In the car:

Colton "So, how many stores do we have to go to?"
Mom "I don't know. We probably want to look around a little."
Colton "I just want my suit to be thin."
Mom "It needs to last 2 years."
Colton "Ya, but I just want it to be thin."
Colton "If we find everything at the first store, can we go home?"
Mom "We should probably look around a little."
Colton "But if I find what I want in the first store, can we go home?"
Mom "We'll see."

First store:
Suit area:

Salesman "What color do you like? Black, Charcoal, Navy?
Colton "Charcoal"
Salesman "That looks like it is the right size for you? Do you like it?"
Colton "Ya, this one's good. Mom, I like this one. It's comfortable."
Mom "Don't you want to try on a few more?"
Colton "No... this one's comfortable."
Salesman "You need 5 extra pants. They are right here."
Colton " How 'bout 2 gray, 2 black and 1 navy."

Tie area:

Mom "Are these ties ok? They seem a little loud."
Salesman "They are fine. Just don't wear the bright ones in the MTC."
Colton "Can I get the pink one and the white one?"
Mom "You need a couple more."
Colton picks plain black and plain navy.

Shirt area:

Salesman "How many do you need, about 8 short sleeve?"
Colton "These are good." while picking up 8.

Shoe area:

Mom "We might need to look around for shoes, because Colton is a freak about comfort."
Salesman "Oh no, these shoes are the best ever...blah, blah, blah."
Colton tries on 3 pairs.
Colton "I want the first ones and the last ones."
Mom good brands, did not protest.


Mom "Colton, don't you think we should look around?"
Colton "No, I'm good."
Colton "Are we going home after this?"

Leaving first store:

Colton "Are we going home now?"
Mom "Colton, we still need to get a few things."
Colton "Can't you get those without me?"
Mom "Colton, we need to do a few more things?"
Colton "OK, but can we go to Panda?"

Not quite the same as wedding dress shopping with Cassidy.

5 comments:

Jentrie said...

hahaha That is so funny! Sounds like Colton! This made my day!

Casseron said...

That really is way funny, and definitely not the same experience as when we went wedding dress shopping! HAHA

KatandBlue said...

I am glad to know that its not just when they are LITTLE that they say funny stuff! Very creative way of sharing that experience. Thanks! I am excited to see you this week!

marcikay said...

Talk about one-stop-shopping!!

I'm impressed!!

Jamielyn said...

That's awesome! Did he get his Panda?? haha