Monday, March 12, 2012

Did I Mention...

I still hate (I know, we don't say hate) the science fair.

Even though our puppet/stage making skills are obviously well above average,
not really a fan of the Puppet Show either.

Though I do not have a picture, The Battle of Hastings would have to get my vote for Least Favorite School Project.  Maybe it wasn't the actual project that wasn't my favorite; maybe it was my son that wasn't my favorite.  This is how Colin tends to get things done:

Wednesday, 11:30 pm
Colin (in his really, whiny voice):  "Mom, I am not going to get to do anything at school tomorrow."
Mom:  "Why not?"
Colin:  "Because you haven't helped me make my sword and shield for The Battle of Hastings tomorrow."
Mom:  "Did I know you were suppose to make a sword and shield by tomorrow?"
Colin:  "Didn't you see that cardboard in the mudroom?"
Mom (in my frustrated, I am trying not to want to beat you voice):  "Colin, really?  How am I suppose to know what the cardboard is for if you don't tell me?"
Colin:  "Don't you read your emails?  Don't my teachers send you an email about what we are doing?"

Really, Colin.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that I love this kid.  Needless to say, Colin did have a sword and shield to take to school the next morning and did get to participate in the battle. 
I think I should write a book:  "Surviving the Irresponsible Child" or "Responsibility: It Skips a Generation" 
As an added bonus, the sword and shield needed to be personalized using symbols from our coat of arms.   Tip of the day:  Fingernail Polish (It is, also, good for painting pinewood derby cars.)





1 comment:

MELANIE said...

I'm afraid this might be what I have in store. Deklin will say "MOM! You forgot to get me some milk!". Well, crazy nutball kid, YOU didn't ever ask me to get you some milk.