Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break

WARNING: The following post may be offensive to Disney lovers.


Last year my sister, Larinda, and I took our kids to Disneyland for Spring Break. This year the pressure was on to plan a vacation equally as enjoyable. I am happy to report we accomplished the task at hand. This year we visited Ghetto-Disney,more commonly referred to as Chuck E. Cheese. Some of you may not have realized that these two companies are connected, but after careful observation the similarities cannot be ignored. Chuck E. Cheese must be the sister (OK, ugly stepsister) company of Disneyland.
Observations:

  • Both have odd, pedophilish men dressed as mice, hugging small children
  • Both provide an opportunity to embrace ethnic diversity
  • Both offer over priced food
  • Both offer quality "shows"
  • Both have obviously bribed the fire marshall to overlook the maximum occupancy limitations
  • Both allow strangers to touch, bump, grab and invade your personal space
  • You leave both with armloads of sh** that you will never use

So the next time you need a little vacation, remember Chuck E. Cheese can fill all the same needs as Disneyland.

P.S. Colin wrote the captions

Everyone having lunch.

Colton liked the shooting games.
Tabitha like rides, not much the games.
I was doing good at skee ball.

Hadlee liked games, not like Tabitha,
but scored alot of tickets.
Tabitha did NOT want to be ignored,
she also didn't pay alot of attention.

7 comments:

Meglio Stasera said...

I love Disneyland, Chuck E. Cheese, AND ethnic diversity.

Gasp!

Brett and Lex said...

Hahahaha! I love those observations! That made me laugh really hard, mostly because they are all true!

nataliejustin said...

That is funny! next girls trip, Chuck E. Cheese!

Casseron said...

HAHA My mom is funny! The last time I was a Chuck E. Cheese I got a hole in my pants from crawling in the tube... haha it looks like you had just as many tears, laughs, and memories as we did last year at Disneyland!

marcikay said...

i had to let this post digest for a day, so i wouldn't go crazy with your comparison.. after a good night's sleep, i feel more able to comment.. :)

I know disneyland isn't your favorite, and that is fine, you know my feelings on the subject..

but i have to say.. i HATE chuck e. cheese.. i refuse to go.. savannah has never even been in.. chelsea, 2 times? adi once.. did i mention i hate it?

plus, i am not a fan of arcade places at all.. helps that i don't have sons, because i know they tend to like those places..

i still think you're a wonderful person, even if you can find similarities between my favorite place, and one of my least favorites..

i laughed so hard at your comments on my prom post..

MELANIE said...

Very cute post my clever friend. I know that secretly you like Disneyland but I won't tell anyone.

Jamielyn said...

So I get where you are coming from with Chuck E Cheese...but come on you gotta give Disneyland a little more credit than that! Haha :) I do remember the last time we went to Chuck E Cheese and it was a little painful to watch their show that they had...I almost wanted them to pay me for sitting and watching it!