Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hershey Track Meet

On Tuesday I attended the 3rd Grade Hershey Track Meet. All the third graders from Springville and Mapleton are invited to compete. There were 7 elementary schools competing, about 700 kids. Everyone can choose 3 events, Colin chose the 100m, 200m and the Standing Long Jump. Colin is kind of a goof and not really competitive. You never know if he is going to take things serious and do his best or be like... whatever. He did a really good job and had a lot of fun.






Colin had signed up to do the softball throw. At the last minute he switched to the standing long jump because the line was shorter. As you can tell by his unique form ( shouldn't you jump out, not up) he had never practiced this event, but he jumped 60 inches which seemed pretty good to his mommy.
It was sleeting and windy and cold, a perfect day for a track meet.


Colin doing some serious stretching before the 100m semifinals.

3 comments:

marcikay said...

i love your description of colin [being a goof, not taking it seriously] and of course his "style" for the long jump.. i can't help but smile about my friend COLIN!!

nataliejustin said...

Yea, a post! I love the hershey track meet. My morgan is in 4th grade and is very excited for hers.

Meglio Stasera said...

I won the Long Jump competition in the 6th Grade olympics. It is the only athletic competition that I ever have won (or that I ever will win). Since my legs are so long I really didn't have to do too much.

Coco, you are amazing because you do everything with style and flare! Even burping!

By the way, this is my NEW blog that I have made to also keep in touch with friends. The other one is gone!