Monday, July 27, 2009

I Want To Ride My Bicycle...I Want To Ride My Bike

I woke up this morning to this:
Promptly went to the emergency room because of this:

Andy, the tech, got to work repairing this:


Left the ER with this:

Went home to recover looking like this:
This morning, while riding his pedal bike up Diamond Fork, Brian had a run in with a Cattle Guard. He was about 7 miles from his car and, of course, no cell service. He started to walk his bike back to his car, when some good Samaritans stopped and gave him a ride. (Only the 2nd car he had seen during his ride.) Amazingly, no facial fractures. But tomorrow Dr. Johnson will be "firing a couple pins" into his hand to repair the break.
Moral of the story: Always wear a helmet
P.S. We had a "Dr. McDreamy" in the ER, but I did not get his picture. Dang!

10 comments:

MELANIE said...

We love you Brian. We will come to visit you soon. Good luck with surgery :) Deb - didn't you call to talk to ME today? Dang Lance.

Stefanie said...

Wow...so sorry! Hope you get feeling better soon! I know a guy that had a helmet on last month in a biking accident and still broke the entire right side of his body. That biking is dangerous :)

Casseron said...

A photo of your Dad's face all road-rashy is never a good thing to wake up to! I'm glad to here you are mostly ok! Miss you guys!

Casseron said...

P.S. that last picture is sick!!

Brett and Lex said...

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! Poor Brian. Hopefully it will be a speedy recovery!

marcikay said...

I am so sorry!!

Brian-I hope you recover soon!!

And your pictures have my drainage tube shots beat.. HANDS DOWN!!

Mandee said...

I am impressed by two things-

1. You thought to take your camera to the ER

2. He actually let you take his picture and then post them on your blog- he so gets points for that. Although I guess most men are proud of their dramatic injuries.

Happy Recovery!

nataliejustin said...

Ouch, see what fresh air and exercise does to a person:(

KatandBlue said...

Photos don't always have to be beautiful, right?! That is an intense crash! Here is to a swift recovery!
PS Love the song that jumps to my head when I read the title of this post!

Amber said...

Oh....that looks like it hurts!!!! Hope the recovery is going well!!!